Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Welcome Home/Memorial Day Party!

When I found out that Chris would be getting home mid-May, I thought it would be so much fun to have a Homecoming party for him with family and close friends.  Since we haven't lived near family during any of this other Homecomings, I thought this would be the perfect time.  Plus, I love to plan parties - and especially when I can plan them with Julianne!!!  So, Jul and I started planning away - and planned it for May 28 (my due date).  I figured that I would for sure have had Chase by that point, so I even bought him a red/white/blue outfit to wear to the party, too (guess I'll save it for 4th of July now).  
Anyway, as the party got closer and Chase wasn't here, I then began "willing" him NOT to come until after the party.  Thankfully, he cooperated - and even though Memorial Day was smoking HOT outside, it was a FUN day with yummy FOOD :-)  







We had a hot dog bar!!




And you can't have a party FOR Chris without having BBQ sundaes.  Ever since my cousin Anne Marie's wedding, they are Chris's favorite.  Can't imagine eating BBQ any other way :-)

More of the hot dog bar :-)

















Yes, the water bottles even said "Welcome Home Chris"!!  Thanks for coming home early, so we could throw a big party :-)

No comments: