Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Sunday, December 21, 2008
I'm not sure who looks more comfortable!
Little game of peek-a-boo....
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Thursday, December 4, 2008
10. You can only blame that smell on the baby so many times before Mom stops believing you.
9. Mommy is much better at changing diapers than Daddy. I guess that means she should just do them all...right???
8. Goofy dances are miracle workers...not that I...Chris Ashinhurst, the Marine would uh....
7. Mom's are allowed to be frustrated with the kid's fussing, Dad's have to be patient...double standard if you ask me.
6. Nap time is not just a necessity for the baby, but a blessing from God.
5. The Pak n' Play needs to have more explicit instructions for assembly.
4. What Mommy says goes...I'm sure there is a chapter in the Gospels about that.
3. No matter how much money you spend on toys...a wad of paper and a cardboard box are amazing.
2. Mommy is AMAZING.
And the number 1 thing I've learned...
1. Jake is the man. I know everyone thinks their kid is the smartest and the strongest and the most advanced, b/c at 8 months old they can say 'blaghgheor' better than other 8 month olds...and I'm pretty sure Jake is just an average ten-month old...but he's such a blessing in every single way. Not that I didnt know that before I left for Iraq...but its been reinforced day after day since I've been back.
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Sometimes the crawling around in the hotel room just didn't cut it for Jake, so we let him "loose" in the hallway!! Now that....THAT was liberating for him!! *(Note: for those of you who know me well....know that letting Jake crawl all around a hotel just grosses me out and you are probably surprised to see this, BUT it's truly amazing the things that are "okay" when you are travelling across country with a 10 month old)!!*
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
I SEE YOU BOTH....AND HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY: