Monday, July 5, 2010

Pictures of the Boys...

We have been so busy lately! That's a good thing, but it just hasn't left much time for blogging, unfortunately. :-( I need to blog a few times a week, though, so that I don't have SO MUCH to post when I do actually sit down to post. On a medical side-note, I did have my ENT appointment last week - and to make a long story short, my 2 options are: medication or surgery. There are pros and cons to both, according to the doctor, and he said that if I was going to be in the area long term, he would definitely recommend the medication, but since we will be moving around a good amount, he wanted to put surgery "on the table" just because I will feel like I'm starting from square 1 every time we move. However, he did stress that with the size of the nodule, he feels confident in surgery, but it would also be major surgery - right next to my vocal chords, which is why he would rather go with the more conservative approach - and plus, he said that the chances of me being on medication for the rest of my life - surgery or not - is pretty much a guarantee. So, again - we are very thankful that the biopsy turned out to be benign, and more than likely, I will probably go with the medication route at the moment. He said I could change my mind at any time - and he said I will be seeing him every few months for blood work and to keep a check on the nodule. It's a little weird to think that I am now taking a pill every day that I will be taking for the rest of my life, but at the same time - it's amazing that a little pill can help regulate something as complex as your thyroid. Anyway, I have appreciated all of the prayers during this time. So thankful for all of you!

On to the wonderful things in life..... like Chris, Jake, and Cole :-)
Cole really started trying to sit up this week. He still prefers to rest on one of his arms, so that he has easy access to the crawling position.
Jake took this picture (1 of like a million) .... he is doing so well, though :-)
More of Jake Photography!
Cole playing with his toys.... (which I might add that Jake, all of a sudden, has LOTS of interest in baby toys - not surprising, but it cracks me up how he now LOVES whichever toy Cole is playing with at the moment. It provides for good sharing opportunities, though)!

Gotcha....
These boys make my heart so happy :-)
They love hanging out ....
The other funny thing Jake has been doing is .... copying Cole :-) If Cole rolls over and hits his head on something, Jake will go "my turn". In this picture, we were trying to entice Cole to crawl, and Jake quickly said, "my turn", so I snapped a quick picture.
Tangled up in toys....

Love it :-)

Cole holds his head up like this a lot .... like he is trying to do a crunch. The boy is going to have some strong abs if he keeps this up. I guess he's trying to work off some of the formula!
Jake Photography....
More of it....
Yes, I walked out of the kitchen to see that Jake had nicely decorated Cole's head with his stickers. Cole is such a good sport. He was just watching and smiling at Jake.
I made Jake pose for some pictures, though.....


Awww.... love it!
Jake Photography....
Cole just chillin' in the bath tub. He loooooves it!

No comments: