Saturday, November 1, 2008

Not exactly how I imagined....

I promise the next time I blog, there will be HAPPY pictures! OR....at least that is the plan :-) Chris is still getting in at 1am (it's now 10:20pm). So, 2 1/2 hours to go! SO EXCITED! The last 4 hours have been a bit of a challenge, though. About the time I finished my last blog - and right after Chris had called saying he was in the U.S., Jake threw up (maybe that was more of the reason for the tears in the skunk outfit). I was thinking maybe it was just a fluke....but 4 hours later and at least a dozen clean ups from the throw up later (and 6 outfit changes), he finally fell asleep, and hopefully will be able to sleep some of it off! Poor guy - he had nothing left to throw up. I talked to the doctor on call - and she told me to give him some pedialite (yuck), but he threw that up, too, so I do think sleep is the best medicine. This homecoming just isn't going to turn out exactly how I had planned over the past 7 months, BUT....it's still a happy homecoming nonetheless! I feel mostly bad for Chris, b/c he will be coming home to a sick child, but my guess is he will be just as happy to see him - even if Jake does throw up on him a couple of times :-) Kind of crazy that Jake hasn't been sick AT ALL for 9 months of his life, and tonight is the night the virus comes to get him! Just thought you'd enjoy hearing about my night. Instead of cooking a breakfast casserole and some cookies and some homemade chicken salad and all for tomorrow, I've been cleaning up after Jake (and it's so hard to watch HIM be sick). My friend Danika is coming over, though (I warned her not to, b/c I don't want her to get sick - but always happy to have her company), so that way.....when it comes time to go welcome Chris, she MAY stay here with Jake...or pick up Chris, b/c I hate to leave Jake since he is throwing up so much ....... it all just depends on if Jake has lasted that long without being sick again. Crazy, crazy night! Like I said, next time I post - you will have happy pictures, b/c even with a morning reunion between Chris and Jake, it will still be sweet!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh Allison! That is the way it happens though..one moment the're fine then, they're sick. I am so sorry. How great you have a good friend near by and Chris will be happy to be home no matter what I'm sure!!! So excited for you!!!!!! The stomach bug should pass quickly! :)

Anonymous said...

Im DYING to see pictures!!! I couldnt be happier for you, we were thinking about you 3 all day long at the Rowenhorst house!!

Ringmaster said...

AW! I hope that everything went well with getting Chris, and that Jake is feeling better soon, what crazy luck (or misfortune I should say!!)