Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Trip to Auburn

One of the things I LOVE about the military and moving is all of the places we get to see because of it. I love that most of the places we have lived so far, there are places w/in a couple of hours that are such great places to see. We are still getting out and experiencing all that is around this area (still making my list of places to see), BUT the other day, we just hopped in the car and randomly drove to Auburn. It is a BEAUTIFUL campus - and the boys are all about going here since there is a Moe's and Chick-fil-A across the street :-) Being on a college campus made me go back "in time" and just think about my college experience and how great it was - and how thankful I am for that time that I had. Anyway ... here are just a couple of pictures of the most important parts of the campus ....
the football field ....
the baseball field .... (yes, the library was left out intentionally) ;-)
I was texting with my friend Ginger who went to Auburn while we were at the campus, and she said, "You have to go to Gigi's Cupcakes"!!! I had no idea they had one there, but I have been wanting to try this place for SO LONG. I even tried to get the family to go while we were just in Memphis, but it is closed on Sundays. SOOOOO, we DEFINITELY hit this place up ... and trust me, it is worth coming to visit us JUST TO TRY THIS PLACE! There is no awesome enough adjective to describe how AMAZING these cupcakes are. Where have they been all my life?!?!?!!!!!! Our plan is to try all bazillion flavors before we leave Columbus, GA in the next
3 1/2 months :-)
We all got to pick one out. Jake, of course, chose Birthday Surprise (the one with the sprinkles ... just how he likes his doughnuts). Chris chose Kentucky Bourbon, I chose Key Lime Pie, and Jake chose Wedding Cake for Cole - ha ... again, it had sprinkles on it :-)
I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

No comments: