Sunday, July 10, 2011

MILESTONE MOMENT .... too soon.

Cole is the type of child that you would want to keep in a crib until he is 3! :-) NOT because he likes his crib so much (he doesn't) and NOT because I don't want him to grow up (Cole left "infanthood" when he was 6 months old and was already all over the place), but because he is so full of wonderful energy .... that it is the only place that "confines" him - even if only used while he is sleeping :-) HOWEVER, Mr. Fireball with lots of energy now climbs OUT of his crib ... and since he doesn't have a lot of finesse while doing it, I've been nervous for the past several days/nights that after nap or when he wakes up in the morning, I will hear a horrible scream - and he will have broken a bone or something. SOOO after some thought, we decided it's toddler bed time. Did I really just write that?! Say it ain't so! He may only say a few words, BUT he KNEW this toddler bed thing is a big - and cool - deal :-) Tonight was the first night ... and I ended up having to lay in his bed with him to make him stay, which really isn't a problem! We shall see how the rest of the night and morning go ....
Here's a peek at the transition ....
Before ....
Cole hanging out in there one more time (and about to start climbing out) :-)

Jake helping out Daddy ....
Jake and Cole loving it :-)

Big boys we now have!
AND .... after 3 years and 2 babies, we finally had to buy a "baby gate." I figured this was the only want to keep him in his room until I hear him in the mornings. Well, he can easily climb this, too, but I should hear him by then (and it won't hurt as much if/when he falls). I had to have something to contain him in his room - or else I'd wake up to Cole in the oven or dishwasher - seriously.
See, Cole's already trying to climb it :-)
AND here he is tonight in his big boy bed :-) (pretty sure this looks a lot like the picture of him I posted after the 4th of July ... same pjs and all).
AND ... I couldn't leave this cute boy out :-) I love that he wants to sleep with every stuff animal that is in our house.


Here is Cole climbing out of his crib! I figured I would document it. Let the FUN begin ....

No comments: