Thursday, July 14, 2011

Jake-isms

I think that's what I'm going to start calling them. Jake-isms. I need to bust out my notebook and start back to writing them down (so I don't forget). Although, obviously the blog will help me remember, too. I shared with you guys about his remarks after the Creation/Garden of Eden story. Here are a few more for your reading pleasure:

*Yesterday morning, we were reading about Moses and the Ten Commandments. I was telling him (reading out of his Children's Bible) how God gave Moses the Ten Commandments, which are like God's rules for us ... and that one is to love God and only God and another is to Obey your Mommy and Daddy. So, after I finish the story, I asked him the question, "Jake, now what are God's rules called that he gave to Moses?" Jake didn't have to think long, "Keep your hands to yourself!!!!" Ha! That's obviously a BIG rule in our house, so I couldn't help but smile :-)


*Another one of my favorites is that on Sunday, the 4 of us were all in the car, and Jake obviously got a pretend phone call, and Chris and I heard him go "Sir, Capt. Ashinhurst" ... and then proceed to talk :-) We were cracking up. You never quite know what is going to come out of Jake's mouth ... you just better watch what you're saying when you're around him, b/c he will surely repeat it at a later date/time :-)

No comments: