Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Butts Mill Farm (yep, that's the name)

Last week, we ventured out with some friends to a farm about 30 minutes away from our house. Butts Mill Farm. I believe it is named this, b/c it is on Butts Mill Road :-) Anyway, for those of you that live in the Stafford/Fredericksburg area, it's like Belvedere Plantation - except all year around .... and more to do. It's nice, because a lot of parts are shaded as well, which makes little difference in this ridiculous humidity, but difference nonetheless. There was so much to do/see that we didn't even get it all done in one day, so definitely a place we will be heading back to in the next 3 months before we leave.

Here is the Noah's Ark "playground". Jake loved that it was Noah's Ark.


In the ark .... (where did all the animals go???)
Lightning McQueen mini roller-coaster Yep, another playground and this one with a ball pit (grosssss). BUT you should all be proud, b/c I let them play in it - ha! (For those of you that don't know me well, the running joke is that in order for me to let my kids play in a ball pit, I must wet wipe each ball .... little extreme, I know, but those things are gross). HOWEVER, I was a good mom and let the boys go wild :-)
So fun :-)

Jake riding the train ... he's waving at Cole and me with this HUGE smile on his face. He loved it. Cole couldn't go, b/c parents weren't allowed on, and the seat belts weren't really made to hold an "on the move" 18-month old.
On his way back....
Loving it!
I would consider ourselves PROS when it comes to bouncy houses. The boys love them, I love them (because it wears them out), and we pretty much take every opportunity handed to us at playing in bouncy houses. Well, they had a couple at this farm - and one of the coolest ones I've seen - A BOOT CAMP CHALLENGE bouncy house. Lots of fun!! Ropes to swing across, barriers to climb, etc. It was great! Cole even made it through the WHOLE "course." It was fun!
Here are Stella and Cole trying to get through the barriers...
Going down the slide at the end ....
AND HERE'S COLE! I had no idea he made it through ... I was walking trying to find where he was "stuck" and next thing I know, down the slide he comes!


and so very proud of himself ....

Christopher and Cole heading up to the slide ...
The "beach-y" area....




Cole and Stella too busy staring at each other :-)

Fun day!

Picnic lunch (there were actually tons of tables and places to eat scattered throughout, but we were about to have to head up a huge hill ... and wanted to stop for a break first, which then led to lunch).

Roller coaster video (HUGE hit)!!



Jake on the train ....




Lightning McQueen bouncy house....




Boot Camp bouncy house .... it's hard to take video. I wish I could get a video of the boys going through the whole "obstacle course".


We are finding lots of "gems" in this area.... and loving it! Next time we head back, we'll hit up the fire truck play ground, trampoline, pony rides, petting zoo (gross - ha), and probably some more of what we already experienced. This is going to be especially PERFECT come September and October.

No comments: