Monday, August 10, 2009

18 Months Old

Today was Jake's 18-month check up!  It's hard to believe he turned 18-months old a couple of weeks ago.  We were supposed to have his appt last week, but the doctor's office had to reschedule for this week.  THANKFULLY, Chris was able to still be there (it's not easy scheduling appts around his schedule, so I was nervous when they had to change it)!  I think it made Jake EXTRA happy to see Chris during the day - and have him there!  It definitely helped me, too - I started dreading Jake's shots sometime last week...haha :-)  Jake is already way tougher than me!  The appt went really well!  Jake was having conversations with patients in the waiting room....the conversations continued with the nurses and the doctor.  He was moving all around the room - and then when the doctor was ready to listen to his heart, ears, eyes, nose, etc., he sat VERY STILL on Daddy's lap.....and just stared at the doctor and everything she was doing.  I've hardly ever seen him so still.  I wanted to take some pictures of that, but I didn't want the flash to distract him and mess up a good thing.  These pictures were all taken while we were waiting for the doctor - and BEFORE the shots!  Here are Jake's stats:
weight:  30lbs/90th percentile (I was surprised, b/c he dropped about 2lbs, but it makes sense since he has gotten taller and is now running all over the place)
height:  34inches/85th percentile
head size:  in the doctor's words "off the charts" - ha :-)  
The doctor said he is extremely healthy and looks great - yay!  Jake and I survived the shots.  He cried - but quickly recovered after they were over.  I think he hates being held down about as much as the shots themselves.  ALSO, I'm not sure what made him cry more - the shots OR having to say bye to Daddy when we got to the parking lot, because he had turned happy again until he realized Daddy was leaving in a different car....I drove off with a screaming big boy! :-)  





1 comment:

Jill Brisken said...

Awww, I hate the shot appointments too! Jake is definitely a healthy boy, that's great! Ethan (5) is only about 41 lbs now, but he is skinny and tall (always been in the 20th percentile for weight and 90th for height, ha ha!) and Caleb (almost 3) is about 36 lbs, so only about 5 lbs difference between my two that are 2 1/2 years apart! Oh, and Caleb's head was always "off the charts" too! Ha ha! Glad to hear you made it through the shots and that Chris was able to come with you!