Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Good Day!



Today was a good day!  Chris has been gone the past couple of days (that's definitely not the good part - we miss him - and Jake for the past 2 nights around dinner has kept looking at the door going out to the garage....waiting for him to open it), so Jake and I have had some quality "mommy and jake" time :-)  The day started off with a visit to the doctor - for me - just routine.  We got to hear the new baby's heartbeat - 160 - yay!  The doctor had trouble finding it at first and commented that the baby is already very active and moving all around.  I'm pretty sure that's because he/she hears Jake all the time and figures he/she better start getting prepared to be able to keep up with the big brother!  Then, after the good, quick appointment, we had a playdate with our next-door neighbor.  That was fun.  Jake only had 2 moments of "that toy is mine" - not too bad, but we are working on that.  Unfortunately, Jake only took a 45 minute nap, which is RARE!  I am usually guaranteed 2 hours, but I'm pretty sure he had some sort of a nightmare.  BUT - because he would never fall back to sleep, he did lay on the couch with me and watch a little TV, so that was sweet :-)  Jake fell and hit his head - and now has a "goose-egg" on his forehead.  I tried to get a picture, but he wasn't having it (the bump is hiding under his hair).  The good news is that it is only a bump and NOT a bleeding gash!  I knew it would probably only be a matter of time before he fell into one of the coffee tables, especially since he is trying to PERFECT the art of running!!  A fly somehow got stuck in the house today - yuck!  Sooooo, I was trying to kill the fly - the fly had like 10 lives - I promise.  I must've hit that thing like 10 times - and it would "play dead" and then when I would go to pick it up and throw it away - boom - it would fly away again.  BUT, earlier I was smacking the wall and everything to try to kill this thing - and of course Jake was thinking the whole thing was funny and was just laughing away.  The fly ended up on the ceiling, so I was trying to get it to fly OFF the ceiling, and I started throwing Jake's blocks up at the ceiling to try to get the fly to move (which he would not).  Apparently, as I was throwing these blocks into the air, I was making a noise or something....because when I finally gave up, Jake started picking up blocks and throwing them and making noises.  He was totally mocking me (probably making fun of me)!!  I'll have you know that I FINALLY killed that fly tonight - after Jake went to bed, so I'm sad he wasn't awake to witness victory.  There were other fun things that happened today, but it's too late to recall them all right now.  We did have spaghetti (with white sauce) for dinner - and Jake enjoyed himself.  I tried to get some shots of all of the spaghetti in his hair, but it's hard to tell in the pictures.  I'm thankful for today with Jake.  I will only have one June 30, 2009 - and it sure was a good one!  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Allison, You should come see us while Chris is working long days. I need a Jake fix. He is SO cute. Anyway, come please please if you can. :)Kyle and Jake would have so much fun now. My days sound a lot like yours right now! :) Epecially Mike's school weekends -ugh!