Wednesday, August 10, 2011

First day of Preschool!


So, today was the BIG First Day of Preschool. We have been prepping for this day for about 2 weeks now. Since Jake doesn't always like to be away from me (yes, I'm THAT cool - ha), we have been pulling out all the stops to make this such a positive and fun experience for him! I can't wait to go pick him up today and hear how much FUN he had .... because I know he is going to love it. Gram and Poppy, when they were here visiting, took him to get a new back pack and lunch box. He picked scooby-dooby doo (as he calls it). I let him pick out a shirt to wear for the first day. He wanted SPIDERMAN, so we went to about 3 different stores until we found one - yay! He was pretty pumped. He couldn't wait to show his teachers. Last night, Jake helped me make M&M cookies, so we could put 1 in his lunchbox .... and of course no lunch would be complete w/o a dinosaur shaped PB&J - and a note from Mommy, complete with a lightning McQueen sticker ;-) As you can see, we were going over the top with this first day to get Jake REALLY excited, and he was excited - until we got to school - ha! There were tears (by him), but I'm sure it didn't take long for him to start making friends and telling them all his stories :-) As for me, I actually didn't cry. I think I've been so worked up about just wanting it to be so positive for him that my main stress has simply been that - and I haven't been as focused on "he's growing up". Kindergarten WILL be a different story - and when I look at this picture, I do think about how BIG this kid is getting - but it's also just so much fun watching him learn and grow and explore all these new things, so in THIS moment, I'm just really excited for this new "stage" for Jake. I'll keep you guys posted. In fact, I better start getting ready to go pick him up. More blogging later ....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aw, look at that sweet first day of school photo! He's so big!