Saturday, May 19, 2012

Because I Don't Want to Forget ....

The boys have been bouncing off the walls a little bit the past couple of days.  I'm not sure if they are sensing change or what is going on, but ... something is going on.  So, this morning ... we met a friend at the playground around 9am, and here is the conversation between Jake and me on the way there:

Me:  Jake, what is going on with you the past couple days?  You aren't really listening at all.  Is something bothering you?  Do you need to tell me something?

Jake:  Well, God told Cole and me to wrestle early this morning.

Me:  I'm pretty sure God didn't tell you that.  God does tell you, though, to obey Mommy and Daddy and listen to what they have to say.

Quiet.  Pause.

Jake:  Well, actually - God doesn't really tell me anything.  I don't ever hear him talking to me.

Case Closed, b/c I was kind of speechless at this point - and also trying not to laugh :-)

No comments: