Saturday, September 25, 2010

Shout out to Chris!








I have an AMAZING husband - honestly, the BEST that there is! I mean, don't get me wrong, he's not perfect (that role can only be reserved for me - haha...kidding), but in all seriousness, Chris is such a great husband and Dad. Chris has a job that demands a lot of time - he works 12+ hours a day, works on Saturdays - sometimes Sundays .... and never really has much time for himself. When he does get home at night around 7pm or so, the boys can't get enough of him, so I captured some of their "nightly routines" on camera this week .... and as I was capturing these moments, I became a little overwhelmed with how blessed I am to have this man in my life. I know that at nights, he has to be exhausted after getting up at least between 4-5am most mornings (sometimes earlier) and not getting home before 7pm .... and still getting down and playing "bullseye" with the boys (as Jake likes to call it) - and reading them stories before bedtime. I'm just thankful for that - I'm thankful for how invested he is in his kids and in me! It would be easy (and almost understandable) if he just came home and crashed, but he comes home and the laughter and fun begins! So, Chris .... not that I go too often without saying it, but thanks! Thanks for being the husband and the Dad that you are. I feel incredibly blessed to be married to you - and to have had you in my life for so long .... and I feel blessed as a Mom to know that our boys have such a loving, invested, wonderful Dad! And I am thankful - especially for who you are at home - but also how hard you work outside the home, too - serving our country and keeping us safe (something that most people take way too much for granted these days)! My love for you is beyond words....

No comments: