Friday, September 17, 2010

Quietness

Quietness: 1. Making little or no noise
2. Free of loud noise; hushed
3. Calm and unmoving; still
4. Free of turmoil and agitation; untroubled
5. Restful; soothing
6. Tranquil; serene
7. Not showy or garish; subdued
8. Restrained in style; understated

Quietness is something I do not take for granted these days :-) Sure, I only have 2 kids - and only 1 physically running around right now, BUT - sometimes I might as well have 5! ha! So much fun, so much energy! I find myself as the referee a lot of times - even at this young of an age. Cole wants to be doing everything Jake does - and Jake wants Cole WATCHING everything he does, but NOT TOUCHING anything that he is doing! So, that leaves me wearing black and white stripes and blowing a whistle (okay, not really) :-)
However, the other day..... the 2 of them were sitting next to each other - playing INDEPENDENTLY - no fighting, screaming, yelling, MOVING (that one is for Cole since he is non-stop)! I had to snap a quick picture - just to remind myself it DOES happen. I mean, it only lasted 30 seconds..... but what a DIVINE 30 seconds it was :-) (on a serious note, though - I am glad that my boys are active and like to be active - but the quiet can be nice, too, sometimes)!


2 comments:

Jill Brisken said...

I can sooooo relate to that, even as my boys are 6 1/2 and 4 now! When the quiet happens, I just want to hold my breath and not move for fear that it won't last . . . and it normally doesn't! :-)

Allison Ashinhurst said...

haha.... i hold my breath, too - and try not to make eye contact with them!!! :-)