Monday, July 2, 2012

Baby/Child Dedication

On June 10, just 11 days after Chase was born and a day before Chris headed back to California, we decided that we would love to be able to do Baby/Child Dedication at River Club before we all moved back out to California.  
This has been something Chris and I have wanted to do for a while now - and the timing has just never worked out.  Plus, I always thought it would be neat if my Dad could be the one leading the dedication, b/c I've been incredibly blessed to grow up with my Dad as a Pastor .... and he has baptized me, married me, and I just thought it would be extra special to have him there for the Dedication Ceremony.  
So, that is what we did.  
The Baby/Child Dedication ceremony is really geared a little more towards the parents.  It basically is Chris and me, as their parents, committing to raising them in a Christian home, praying for our children, and hopefully encouraging them (at the right time for them) to have a personal relationship with Jesus.  
It was an important day for Chris and me ... one that we've talked about and been wanting to happen for several years now.  

In preparing for this day (and the days after), Chris and I chose life verses for the boys.  Verses that we will share with them that we hope they will remember and words they will live by.  

Jake:  Joshua 1:9, "Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go."

Cole:  Isaiah 40:31, "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

Chase:  Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."





No comments: