Monday, June 21, 2010

A little of This and a little of That....

I know.... I'm pretty behind on my blogging :-( I have several videos to upload, but I will do that later today (hopefully), but here are pictures from the past week! I just really haven't had a chance at night to sit down and load them on to the computer - even though that takes no time at all.... we've just had a jam-packed schedule - but that's how I like it on these hot, summer days!!! I'll start by saying that last Monday (the 14th), I went back to the doctor for my biopsy results, and THANKFULLY the mass is benign. We were really excited and relieved to hear this news .... and we can't thank all of you enough for all of your thoughts, prayers, and support! My next step is to an ENT (ear/nose/throat) doctor in order for them to determine if the mass needs to be surgically removed - or if it can be shrunk by medication, so that would be my next prayer.... that no surgery would be required!! I then will see an endocrinologist who will probably put me on some medication to level out my thyroid levels. So, even though I really do not want surgery, we are SO THANKFUL that the results were benign, and again.... we can't thank you all enough for your prayers! That was good news to start off last week.
Then, on Tuesday..... Cole woke up with a 102 fever and pretty much kept it all day - even with tylenol. I figured (and I was right) that he was coming down with roseola, which is what Jake had the week prior. I guess we now will be in that stage where when one kid gets it, so does the other.

Here Cole is all happy ..... even with his 102 fever! He really did well ..... he mainly just groaned all day long - it took too much energy for him to even cry, I think, so he was pretty pathetic, but I happened to catch him in a smiling moment.....
You know it's time to straighten up the house when you run into a piece of toy gear (Cole's rainforest chair that he is sitting in in the picture above) and break your toe (or something close to it)! This is soon after I hit it, so it's not at it's worse - and don't blow the picture up - my toes desperately need help, BUT after I hit it and heard something make a noise...it was throbbing for about 12 hours. Anyway, I know... "woe is me" :-) BUT it's doing better now - still sore, just not throbbing. AND TIME TO ORGANIZE SOME OF THE BABY STUFF AROUND HERE .... except I'm just having a hard time putting some of the things away that Cole is already out growing :-/
This is one of Cole's new favorite positions. He is moving backwards and sideways by rolling over and over and over, BUT he loves just chillin' on his side.
Here is Cole post-fever and with the RASH!! If you blow this picture up, you can see how it was alllll over :-( Poor guy! Still so precious, though!
Another shot of the rash....
Oh, on his side again - go figure! What's up Colester???
Spit ALL over his face from blowing "raspberries" ..... attractive Cole ;-)
This cracked me up that this is how he wanted to be sitting in the bath tub! Looks so uncomfortable - and yet so chill....
Both passed out to the max....
He is especially enjoying the teething rings these days .....
and sitting in his bumbo....
and more teething rings....
SO fun!!
Not sure what they were looking at ....

Toy Story 3 opened this past weekend - and even though we were wanting to go see it at the drive-in, a massive thunderstorm came in, so it changed our plans. BUT - Gram sent a Toy Story package with lots of goodies (to include Woody)! She also sent all the fixings for cupcakes and cookies. Jake wanted the cupcakes made with the Toy Story liners and sprinkles IMMEDIATELY :-) AND he didn't quite understand that I have to BAKE them first, which we did..... and here is the final product ....
Fun stuff....
FINALLY he gets his cupcake ....
and enjoys every single BITE!
Yuuummmm!!!!
Uncle Tim came to visit overnight on his way down to FL. It was fun having him here - and Jake, in typical Jake fashion, had Uncle Tim playing trains, baseball, everything with him! He was pulling Uncle Tim in all directions to play everything in the little amount of time he was here :-) Jake had to introduce Uncle Tim to Woody and Buzzz :-)

Jake with Woody and his hat :-)

The cupcake spread....
Sleeping .... not sure who is more out of it!


HAPPY FATHER'S DAY (or as Jake said all day, "Happy Birthday") :-)



Daddy and his boys....


Playing a little Wii ..... yes, Jake is playing, too - it just takes FOREVER, b/c of course we can't show him how it's done - he has to do it 100% on his own :-) If you've been around Jake for more than 10 minutes, you understand what I'm saying!!



Jake not wanting to get in the picture ....

Jake's new haircut! It's going to be great for summer!!
Pool Time .... Jake does not like to get IN the pool, but he loves playing on the side of the pool with all of his toys. Cole and I enjoy being in the pool, though!


We also got to see our good friends Craig and Maribeth for dinner last night. Craig and Chris went through the Naval Academy together .... and he is now coaching at GA Tech and was at a coaches conference in Hilton Head, so they came to Beaufort, and we met for dinner! The boys were good - and it was so nice seeing them and catching up!! Glad they are only 4 hours away! I think a GA Tech football game is in our VERY NEAR NEAR future!




I brought stickers to help entertain Jake .... we were there for 2 1/2 hours, so I ended up busting them out - and he enjoyed "decorating" me. Taking them off was like taking all the millions of bobby pins out of your hair after having it done for a wedding!

And there you have it ..... Videos to come at some point :-) Staying busy but having FUN! Thanks for checking in ....

1 comment:

Kate said...

I know you posted this a few days ago and I did see it then, but I was looking at everything again tonight...and well to put it in a nutshell, you and Chris and the boys are just one stinkin cute family...thanks for catching us up on things...I can't wait to see you on Sunday!