Sunday, June 13, 2010

CRAZY FUN week!

There was a little bit of crazy in this week ..... and lots of FUN .... and definite times of crazy fun (especially since Jake and Cole got royally spoiled by Gram, Aunt Katy, and Aunt Becky - and Chris and I did, too, for that matter)!! The week started off with my scans (and at the hospital, I found out that, as I already mentioned, because of the radioactive pill, I had to be arms length from the boys for 48 hours). ENTER Gram, Aunt Becky, and Aunt Katy - HUGE HELP.... can't thank them enough. Then, the biopsy on Wednesday - and THANKS to everyone for all of the prayers, encouragement, thoughts, and support. I get the results tomorrow morning, but the doctor seemed pretty positive that the results will be good, so I will keep everyone updated. Jake enjoyed Chick fil A, Moes, Daddy's softball game, Pizza Hut, playground, lots of outside fun, etc., with Gram and his aunts - and even though he seemed a little under the weather, we weren't sure the cause..... until everyone left on Friday - and when he woke up from his nap, he had BRIGHT RED dots all over his body, so I called the pediatrician - and after a negative strep test, they determined he has roseola. He is in the "non contagious" phase now .... but we have been taking it easy this weekend, so that we can have another fun-filled week starting tomorrow! I have to give a shout out, though to Mrs. Ashinhurst, Katy, and Becky - because they were INCREDIBLE help to me this week with the boys - and they cut our grass and helped me clean our screened in porch of all the pollen (or maybe I should say I helped them), but regardless, I can't thank them enough. I didn't take as many pictures as usual, b/c it was kind of a "crazy" week, but here are a few..... :-)
Jake with Aunt Katy.....
Gram feeding Jake .... he wasn't feeling great, so he wanted to bed fed - crazy kid!
Jake playing Thomas the Train games with Aunt Becky on her computer....
Gram enjoying Cole .... AND....
Cole enjoying Gram.....
Oh yes.... Chris and I had our 6 year anniversary this week, too (and got to go out to dinner - JUST THE 2 OF US on Thursday night while Gram & Co. stayed with the boys) :-) Here we were 6 years ago .....
and looking a little rough .... here we are 6 years later (probably wouldn't have posted this picture - except that it's the only documentation of our 6 year anniversary, so it'll have to do.... maybe it'll help our 16 year picture look better)?!?! It has been an amazing 6 years ..... and I'm thankful every moment for the gift of Chris in my life - he truly is incredible ..... he makes me smile everyday!! Okay, enough "mushyness", but I really do love this guy!
Jake excited to see Daddy after a few days.....
Jake posing with Aunt Becky for a picture, too!
Cole has been doing some new things, too ..... those things are coming up right now. Stay tuned.....

No comments: