Friday, October 2, 2009

PI Graduation



Another beautiful day today.... Jake and I got up this morning and headed over to Parris Island for Echo Company's Graduation.  Chris is in Fox Company, but he was the adjutant (i hope I spelled that correctly) for this graduation, so had several speaking parts, so we went and checked it out.  Graduations are always fun - especially on a beautiful day like today...and the "people watching" is great.  I mean, it's so cool to me to see all these excited and proud family members ..... and I also enjoy checking out all of the outfits :-)  You see everything from t-shirt and sweatpants....to people dressing to "impress" (if you know what I mean)!  Anyway, we had a good time.....we got to the parade deck about 5 minutes before it started (because it's hard killing time with Jake in his stroller), and we actually parked down a "reserved street."  I'm happy to announce no ticket - I was just going to play the pregnancy card anyway :-)  haha!  I actually didn't realize it was a reserved street until we were already in the stroller - and I wasn't going to do anything about it then...I figured with it being graduation day - maybe the MPs just wouldn't care.  It's not like I was parking in the General's spot or anything ;-)  ALSO, we took some Noah's Ark animals with us....and one of the giraffes got left behind :-(  So sad!  I mean, 2 of every animal went into the ark, so how am I going to explain to Jake 2 of every animal - except the giraffe.  BUT - no worries, because Chris was nice enough to walk over there later this morning...and he SAVED the giraffe :-)  It's been an exciting day already.... Now, we are off to downtown Beaufort to meet a friend for lunch.  HAPPY FRIDAY to all :-)  *Oh, and I had to bust out the pacifier at graduation today, b/c Jake was trying to talk to me a lot (you wouldn't know he is Chris and mine's child)....so for probably only the third time ever, I had to use it as a "please be quiet right now" trick* :-)  

No comments: