Wednesday, April 20, 2011

LAST Graduation

The 8th and final graduation was on April 8. 8 cycles, 8 groups of recruits .... 8! It really actually felt more like 18, but the final number of cycles Chris finished at Parris Island was 8. I know the obvious thing to do would be to sit here and type out how proud I am of Chris, and I really hate to be cliche', BUT .... I really am so proud of Chris. I had an "upclose and personal" seat for the past 8 cycles of how much time, energy, passion, drive, and effort was put into these cycles, and I'm really proud of him for finishing out a successful tour at PI. That's a big deal. Again, I'm sure many would expect me to say that, b/c I'm his wife, but it's the truth. The reason I feel like Chris is the exception .... is because he doesn't only do what he HAS to do, he does MORE than he has to do. He goes above and beyond what needs to be done, even if it means having to sacrifice some sleep and free time (which free time is like gold at PI). I'm proud of the type of man he is .... and I'm proud of the example he sets for his family - and especially for the boys. He believes in what he does - and he does it 110%. THAT is something to be proud of .... and I am!

Here are some pictures of the last graduation .... (as if you haven't seen pictures of the previous 8 in this blog before) :-)
Chris and Will walking over to the parade deck from their office...
Chris outside his office before graduation...
Jake played Aunt Jenn's ipad throughout graduation, so he was a happy (and quiet) camper!
Cole did pretty well, too .... he made it about 60% through before I had to start walking him...
Chris beforehand....
The gang (minus Mr. Ashinhurst who was taking the picture). It was great having all of Chris's family there for graduation!
Chris and his Dad....









After grad....

Yes, Jake needs a belt (kind of creepy seeing Handy Manny ....)

No comments: