Thursday, October 6, 2011

HAIL to MY Redskins!!!

I LOVE Football. LOVE. I LOVE my Redskins. LOVE. I really don't think you can quite understand what I mean when I write about how MUCH I love football - and especially my Redskins. I LOVE Competition. Why do you think I fell in love with my husband?! I fell in love with the competitor in him!! (Okay, for so many other things, too, but I promise you that is in the top 5). As a competitor myself, there is nothing quite like the feeling of a good competition .... and there are few things better than FALL AIR and FOOTBALL.
I was on the Redskins season ticket waiting list for 10 years. My name finally arrived, but the Marine Corps had us living out in the desert of CA. So, I kept the tickets for a couple of years, and then it was just too hard to keep selling them, and I was never able to take advantage, so I (sadly) had to give them up.
When I was in VA last month, though, my Dad got a phone call that a friend of his had 2 tickets to the Redskins game that Sunday, and you know I jumped on THAT opportunity. I could go to every home game, I love it so much. There is something about being with 90,000 of your favorite football fans - all cheering for the same team. It brings tears to my eyes and goosebumps to my arms (yes, really)!!
It was so much fun going with Jul, too - and THEY WON. I'm pretty sure I'm their lucky charm. Yay for FALL. Yay for competition. Yay for football. Yay for the Redskins.




This video was taken with about 2 minutes left in the game. The Redskins were in the lead, but the Cardinals had the ball and were moving down the field. The Cardinals fumbled, but it had to be reviewed, so this video was taken while waiting for the referee to tell the fans what we ALREADY knew (from watching the replay on the big screen). I smile every time I watch this video. Every.single.time. Hail to my Skins!!!!!!

No comments: