Thursday, October 6, 2011

Beaufort/Virginia TRIP (finally, right)?!

About a month ago now, the toddler boys and I took a trip to Beaufort and then up to Virginia for the week. I am blessed to not only have 2 amazing boys - but they are AMAZING travelers. They really are! I'm blessed by that, b/c I love to travel (by car, at least) - and because of Chris's job, we have to DO a lot of traveling, so it works out perfectly :-) It has taken me forever to post pictures, and I honestly didn't even pull out my camera - they are all from my phone. For some reason, it has been getting harder and harder with Jake and Cole to carry around my camera, but I will persevere, I promise :-) So, here we go - our adventure up half of the east coast ....

First stop: Beaufort, SC for Kendall's 1st Birthday Party and to see Ashleigh.

Sweet, sweet birthday girl!
Jake and Casey were so excited to see each other - and played so nicely the entire party. It melted my heart to see how much fun they were having together and realizing how much they have missed each other.
Singing Happy Birthday!
She did NOT mess around when it came to eating up that cake.

Second stop: "Miss" Asheleigh's House. Unfortunately, this stay was undocumented :-( Cole actually came down with a high fever that night - out of nowhere. It was still so wonderful to spend time with Ashleigh face to face. I've missed that girl!


Third stop: Fredericksburg/Stafford, VA.

The absolute BEST part about being back in Virginia is Carlos O Kelley's chips, salsa, and queso (okay, the second best thing to seeing family and friends .... but it's a close call) :-)
This was dinner and breakfast for me A LOT during the week.
Of course we always get the opportunity to see "Uncle" Ray and "Aunt" Jean, so here is Jake soaking up all the male attention :-)
Playground one evening. Jake FELL from this. He was running, tripped, and fell right off flat on his face :-( I thought for sure he would have a broken tooth, but thankfully, just a scraped up face .... my heart only stopped for a few minutes.
Here we are at the playground .... the little speck you see in the FAR distance is Cole running .... running as far as he can and enjoying the open space. The.kid.does.not.stop.EVER. He even moves ridiculous amounts in his sleep .... I hear it on the monitor at night :-)
Jake's face the next day - actually doesn't look that bad in this picture .... he was making a pretend sad face :-)
Cake POPS adventure w/ Mimi. Lots of work, BUT lots of FUN!








Let me just say .... SO YUMMMY!!!!
Oh yeah, the boys know what's up!
Finished Fall Product. Jake picked out a particular one to take with him to Gram, Poppy, Aunt Becky, Aunt Katy, and Aunt Jenn .... and "Uncle" Ray and "Aunt" Jean.
We got to hang out with Taniya and her 2 youngest. Jake and Gracie are the same age - and when they weren't fighting at the Chick-fil-A playground, they were best friends :-) So sweet!
The REASON I headed up to Virginia was for Libby's baby shower. Libby is having her first baby in December, and I'm so excited for her and Greg!! I was so glad to get to celebrate this exciting time with her! She looks absolutely beautiful. It's crazy to think that just a few short years ago (or I guess several years ago now), we were pulling all-nighters in college .... and now, well now.... we're all grown up. I'm excited for baby boy to get here.
Not pictured: I do not even have 1 picture of all the fun times the boys had with Gram and Poppy and Aunt Katy, Becky, and Jenn. Jake spent Monday and Thursday going to school in Aunt Becky's class - and LOVED it. When I dropped him off on Thursday, he went running straight to the classroom. Both Jake and Cole spent the night on Friday night (which Jul and I used that opportunity to take Mom and Dad out to celebrate their 35th Anniversary at Melting Pot), and then on Saturday they spent all day there and went to see Snow White on stage at the dinner theater. It was a special day for them, and I really appreciate Gram and Poppy (and the aunts, of course) hanging out and playing with them for 24 hours! It was a nice little break for me - and I know the boys loved it. I wish I had some pictures .... Booo on me.

Jul and I headed to the Redskins game on Sunday (that will be my next post - because lets be honest, it definitely deserves its OWN post). Then, Monday morning 3:45AM .... the boys and I loaded the car and headed back to Georgia .... 12 hours later, we made it. Most people ask how I survived a 12 hour car trip alone - and yes, bathroom stops are always a little tricky, but honestly .... like I've said - they are great travelers ... and also, for 12 hours, they were CONFINED - haha! I wasn't chasing them around or refereeing, etc., so honestly .... it was quite relaxing :-) #justsayin'

No comments: