Tuesday, April 3, 2012

SOCCER!!

We had a BUSY weekend! Busy pretty much does describe our days, but no complaints. The busier, the better! We headed to Richmond on Friday to see my cousin Alan, Jenny, and their little boy Jack (who I had never met ... and is so super cute)!!!
Saturday morning was Jake's first soccer practice. It was actually way more organized than I imagined going into it (for 3 and 4 year olds). He thought he was "big stuff" ... and did really well listening and doing all the drills - but when it came time for the scrimmage, I think he was a little overwhelmed by everyone following the SAME ball :-) I really missed having Chris there. It was one of those moments that even though Jake is "only" 4, it was a little sad with Chris being gone, but I took some pictures and video, so we could pass it along to him (and all of you). His first game is in a couple of weeks, so we are looking forward to that .... and he picked out cleats yesterday ... and is now ready to rock and roll!

Jake is on the left hand side (the one waving to me .... the boy loves the camera - although I did only bring my phone. I wasn't "that mom" ... yet)!! :-)
Playing Red Light, Green Light.
Jake is #12.
Making friends....
He especially enjoyed the drinks and snacks after practice!

Doing soccer drills .... dribbling and trapping the ball.


A few more drills....

No comments: