Sunday, April 29, 2012

Daddy LOVE ...

I may have written this already (I know I've said it to numerous people), but I hate to use the word easy and deployment in the same sentence, but compared to the other 2 deployments, this one has been "easy" (again, if that word can even be used).  I say that because our communication has been pretty amazing.  The past 2 deployments, I could go days and weeks (especially the first one) w/o hearing from him - and definitely had no way of actually really getting a hold of him.  BUT this deployment ... since he has more of a "desk job," our communication is pretty great.  I can e-mail him and know that he will be reading it shortly thereafter.  Again, compared to what I've been used to - that is just simply amazing - and it makes me appreciate technology all the more!!  I haven't had those moments where I miss a text from him and just want to cry, b/c it could be days/weeks before I hear from him again ... during this deployment, I pretty much know I'll hear from him tomorrow.  Texting has been our best way of communication.  We try and FaceTime about once a week or so for the boys, but we get disconnected so much that it tends to be pretty frustrating for everyone - but it's good for the boys to be able to talk to him and "see" him, too, of course!  Here is some Daddy love for the month of April that I thought I'd share ....

The ending to one of our text conversations before he went to bed.  Did I mention technology is just amazing?!  Amazing, amazing, amazing :-)  

Jake and Chris making silly faces at each other over FaceTime :-)  The boys really miss Daddy, but especially Jake - because he's at that age where he's old enough to understand he's in Afghanistan - but still young enough to be a little confused by it all (and by how LONG it has been).  He often talks about how he dreamt about playing football or baseball with Daddy ... and he frequently asks when he is coming home - and why he has been gone so long.  All in all, though - Jake has adjusted so well.  Obviously, I can't give myself all the credit - being around family has played such  HUGE part in this - and I couldn't say enough how grateful I am for all the attention shown to both of the boys - especially during this season in life.

Making monster faces at Daddy :-)

We made Daddy paper HUGS and sent them to him :-)  We traced their hands .... then measured their arm lengths (like they were giving him a hug) and tied string from one hand to the next :-)  Voila - paper hug!  Don't think I came up with this idea on my own, though ... it's from a book.  The book is creatively called PAPER HUG. :-)

Letters from Daddy in the MAIL.  HUGE HIT!!!!!!

As you can see, Jake is still clutching the letter a while after we had opened them....

And reading it still ....

And here they are opening the letters :-)


Chris is doing well ... staying busy ... working long hours ... and we've actually received some really great news.  Can't go into much on the blog - but just know how thankful we are for ALL of the people out there that have been praying for him (and us) during this deployment.  It means more to us than you could possibly know.  More details to come later ... :-)

No comments: