Friday, January 22, 2010

Jake's Shenanigans...

I'll start by saying....IT'S MY FAULT.  I am the crazy Mom who put Jake and Cole's cribs this close together.  We always knew we would rearrange eventually....when Cole was sleeping at night in his crib (so that Jake couldn't throw things at him), but in the meantime....I figured there was no harm in the crib arrangement - until today!  Jake seemed to take longer to go down for his nap this afternoon.  I could hear him in there playing, but no big deal, right?!  Well, he finally is quiet - and I was busy getting things done that I never walked in there to check on him (which I normally do).  Well, so when he woke up....and I went in there to get him....I was in for a rude awakening....

I noticed the floor was much messier than when he went down for him nap....and after trying to figure out if someone had been in his room while he was sleeping....
I noticed that Cole's crib was all dismantled....and all the blankets and bears and boppy had all been taken from the crib and thrown onto the floor....
EVEN THE "L" IN COLE'S NAME WAS MISSING!!!!!!!!
So....I said, "Jake...what in the world happened?"  He took that as the opportunity to start climbing into Cole's crib from his own....as if to SHOW me what happened.  So yes....Jake climbed from HIS crib to Cole's crib....and obviously back to his own for his nap.  Ahhhh..... In order to keep him from repeating this tonight, I had to move Jake's crib - and now this is what the room looks like....
There is never a dull moment with Jake.  Lets hope he stays IN his crib tonight, though...I'm really really really really really (times a lot) not ready for toddler bed yet.  The crib works out so nicely :-)  

1 comment:

Smith Family said...

That is AWESOME! When the time DOES come for a toddler bed...it might seem like an overwhelming transition, but before long he will be great in it! Hopefully he sticks with his crib for a while longer. For me, Maddy was a little over two, and Reagan was about 22 months!!!! That was overwhelming but now seems like a distant memory.:)