Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Ashinhurst, Party of 5

I guess it is "time" to announce to the social networking world that baby #3 is on the way. I am 16 weeks pregnant and due May 28. We are really excited about the new baby, and the boys are excited for a little brother or little sister (although, Cole doesn't quite understand, Jake is on board - and seems excited). Jake goes back and forth with whether he wants another brother or wants a little sister. He says both, but thankfully he will only be getting either/or :-)

A week before we found out I was pregnant, we found out Chris is going to "unexpectedly" have to deploy to Afghanistan in February (if you can use the word unexpectedly in the Marine Corps). So, after much discussion, we decided that the boys and I will head back to VA when Chris leaves for Afghanistan, so that I can have the baby back near family ... and know 110% that the boys will be taken care of. It was a hard decision - mainly because I thrive on routine and structure - and wanted the boys to feel settled, BUT at the same time, I don't think there is a better place for them (especially Jake) than in Virginia with lots of family, love, and attention - because that boy is really going to miss his Daddy (he's 100% daddy's boy)! I'm obviously looking forward to being with family and friends, too - just really, really, really wish (times a million) that Chris didn't have to go. It's all part of it - and we've done it twice before ... it somehow just never gets easier. I keep fast forwarding to his homecoming, though ... and getting to meet his new, little baby for the first time! THAT will be a special moment. AND ... as much as I wish he didn't have to deploy at all, I'm very thankful that he is here for the Christmas season and the boys' birthdays in January before he has to go.
So, until then ... if you're reading this and don't mind keeping our family in your prayers during this deployment time/transition, we'd really appreciate it. I've said it so many times, but I'm so thankful for my selfLESS husband. I truly do look up to and admire him - and am thankful for the sacrifices HE makes to help keep all of us safe. It is something he feels called to do, and he does it so well. I love and respect that guy so much!

Until the next baby update .... here's a quick picture. Since I was so far along at my first ultrasound, I could actually make out where the baby's head and body was at :-) He/she is already so so so precious. I'm in love ....

3 comments:

melissaraineri said...

Yay!!! So excited for you guys. And you are constantly in my prayers. You will get through this! Can't wait to see more of the baby pics!!

Ashleigh Paxton said...

LOVE!!!

Kels said...

Friend!!!! I am so, so excited for you all and I will be praying for you. I hope that our paths cross sometime in the next year!